NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

How Does That Feel?

Ok, I know that I am not a small person and really for the most part I am ok with that... But Monday I went in to my OBGYN for one of my checks ups and the nurse that called me back is new there and I have had her once before and she got my chart mixed up with some one else so I already didn't care for her too much. Well I go to the bathroom, get my BP taken and then I have to get on the scale. This is the same thing I have to do every time I go in, no big deal. Well after I get off the scale this nurse is saying my weight out loud as she is writing it down in my chart and really I am ok with that but she says it 3 times and then looks as me and says "How does that feel?" There are like 2 or 3 other nurses standing around in this area. I said "How does what feel?" She said "How does it feel to weight ###?" Is it just me or was she way out of line? Am I so big that she cannot even imagine what it must feel like to weight that much to the point where she just has to ask? I told her" It feels great now that you have announced to everyone in the area several times!" I mean really what was she expecting me to say. Oh it feels great to be as big as a house thanks for pointing it out. I mean this girl works with pg women all day long is she that rude to all of the peoples charts she pulls or did I just get lucky.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just crazy!
I can't believe how unprofessional that nurse was!

SM

Anonymous said...

OMG! Roxanna, she deserves an ass kicking for that! In no way is that ever funny for a pregnant woman!

On a side note, I am so excited that you are due in a month-ish. Last time I saw you was at Erin and Jonathans and it just feels like so long ago.

Hope to see that baby soon!

Lisa said...

how rude! She definitely should keep her comments to herself...one day a very hormonal pregnant woman is going to chew her up and spit her out...too bad you cant be a fly on the wall for that!
Dont worry about her. Lily will be here soon enough and you wont have to deal with those annoying visits anymore!

Retainer Girl said...

OMG! Soooo rude and inappropriate! You should report her to the office manager.

girlysmack said...

My mouth is literally hanging open. That is so ridiculous, I don't even know what to say!

How was your shower? Are you ready? ;)

Anonymous said...

Roxanna:

I know you and I talked about this and I hope you reported her to the clinic manager.

Now on this day August 27, 2008 thirty days before the pending birth of "Lily" I just wanted to let you know this:

I couldn't have asked for a better daughter 'in-law'. You are a kind, loving, thoughtful, patient and generous woman. You will make a great mom! You are a great wife and partner for Tim, I couldn't have picked a better one if I did it myself :)

I think you know that I love you like a daughter, please know that I will always be here for you, Tim and Lily.

Love MOM