NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Great Gift Exchange!

Ok so I don't know about you guys but for Tim and I this year money is tight... I came across a great site that I think will help all of my family to save money this holiday season and still have a lot of fun. I am partaking in a online book club gift exchange and they are using a site called elfster. Pretty much it is an online way to set up a gift exchange. I am hoping over Thanksgiving to talk my family into doing this. I feel like I would much rather spend $50 or $60 on one really nice gift for some one then try and spend $10 on impersonal gifts for every person. I have been looking at the site and it is pretty easy to use... you set up your own guide lines for the gift exchange like : Gift exchange date, spending limit, theme (if you want one). The person who sets up the exchange enters every one's e-mail address and then the elfster will send out an e-mail to each person telling them who they are to buy for. Each person has there own account and can put in there shipping address (for people out of town) and notes about what they do or don't like. There is also a wish list where you can mention things that you would like to receive. Another cool thing about this site is you can ask your person questions through elfster if you need a better idea of what to get them. I am really hoping that everyone goes for this idea this year. I think it will be a lot of fun and save us all a lot of money.

Here is the site if anyone wants to check it out!

www.elfster.com

2 comments:

girlysmack said...

That sounds like a great idea. J and I have cut waaaay down on gifts. We only do stockings for each other anymore. I also think being so far away helps since no one really sends gifts to us and therefore we don't need to send any back! :)

Count us out on the gift exchange, though. We really only send stuff to the children anyway. I already sent a gift to Lily and have ordered our gift for Dad and Judi (same thing we send them every year) so we're done.

BlondeJustice said...

What a great sight! :D