NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 28, 2007

The Good and the Bad of 2007

Lets start with the bad.

I lost a friend. Sadly my friends Danielle Wilson past away last February. She is truly missed by all who knew her.

I had a really big falling out with most of my close family. I wish things could have been different. Sometimes words can cause a lot of pain. I hope that time really does heal all wounds.

We had to watch one of my friends send her husband off to Kuwait for a year. I know it has been hard for her but she has been able to stay pretty strong.

Also another friend of mine had to send her sister off to Kuwait for a year. She has not only had to be supportive of her sister leaving but also she has had to take care of her mother who is having a really hard time with the deployment.

We also have missed Leila who is serving in Iraq. She is missed by her husband and two kids. Her family and friends can hardly wait for her return.

Tim was out of the country for over 2 months. It was really hard having him be gone that long. I really missed him this summer.

Back in October Tim and I dealt with having an early miscarriage. That was never anything I thought I would have to go through. It took a much bigger toll on Tim and I then we could have imagined.

OK and now for the Good.

My friend Shannon was blessed with a baby girl in February named Kendall. She has added so much to our life that I can only wonder how great it has been for Shannon.

Tim was able to hang up his uniform and join the civilian work force. Although he had to change jobs 3 times I think he has found one that he is happy with. He also will not have to do any more traveling.

My sister-in-law Shannon graduated from College in May and made a big move by coming to Va.

While Tim was over in England I got the opportunity to visit him and we took a trip to Paris. It was like having a second honeymoon.

Shannon (sister-in-law) was offered two wonderful positions and was able to except one and is enjoying her new career.

Tim and I made the decision that we wanted to start working on having a family.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving that we were able to share with Paula who came for a visit.

Danielle turned 18 and is looking forward to her first child in April.

Nikki had had a wonderful year in school and counties to do well.

So yes we have had some big down this year but we have also had some great high lights. I hope that everyone has a wonderful New Year.

1 comment:

girlysmack said...

I wonder what 2008 will hold...