NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 19, 2009

Books

So this summer I totally got into the Twilight Saga... thank you Nikki and Grandma haha. I loved it and I also was able to get Jenn, Shannon M and my mother-in-law to read them as well. Jenn Grandma, Danielle and I are all Team Edward haha. Jenn and Nikki are Team Jacob. Jenn is planning a New Moon party for when the movie comes out in Nov. I really hope this movie is better then the Twilight movie. Well after reading the 4 Twilight books I was looking for something classic to read so I picked up Wuthering Heights. It was a long hard read for me but I stuck with it and I am glad. I had no idea what the book was about other then some kind of love story. Then when I was done with that I picked up The Time Traveler's Wife. I have to say I didn't enjoy this book at all. The story was kind of hard to follow because of the time changing back and forth. Before I read the book I was looking forward to seeing the movie but since I read the book I really have no interest in seeing the movie.

I have recently started a new series called Outlander. There are 7 books in this series so far and I think there will be an 8th. This first book in the series is called Outlander oh and is written by Diana Gabaldon. The main characters are Clair and Jaime. It took me a good 100 -200 pages to really get into this book but once I did I totally fell head over heels in love with it. I am now getting read to finish the second book in this series and am looking forward to starting the 3rd some time this week. I have recommended Outlander to Jenn and Shannon H (my sister-in-law) and so far both really seem to be enjoying it as much as I have.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started reading Diana Gabaldon about 15 years ago. SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD. Seriously my favorite book series ever.

Leila

Jenn M said...

I love the book so far. i'm on page 100

girlysmack said...

Sigh

I heart Jamie Fraser.

Anonymous said...

Jamie Frasier = hot

leila

Roxanna said...

Yes I was in love with Edward Cullen but I have know learned that he was just a sweet high school boyfriend and Jamie Fraser is a womans man...

Jenn M said...

Wait, you guys just told me Jamie's real last name.. I'm not that far yet :) Don't say anymore.. LOL.. I can't wait to meet Jamie! well, technically I've met him.. but I can't wait to MEET him! LOL!!!!!!!! I guess I'll just have to take like sloppy 5th's or something. hahah

BlondeJustice said...

I saw Jamie Fraser in Scotland and almost mounted him but I thought that would be rude. :D