NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 25, 2007

Rough Patch

Rough Patch

Man it seems like everyone around me is having a rough time here lately to include my self. One friends is just minutes away from losing her grandmother and this week her younger sister will start a year long deployment. I know she is having a hard time because she is the support beam for her family and her mom is having a really hard time dealing with that fact that she is getting ready to lose her mother, which is completely understandable. I really feel for her, she is going to have to keep all of her feelings inside to try and be strong for her family but doing that can really wear on you. I feel bad because I have no idea what I can say to make her feel better and it really kills me to see her so upset.

Then my other friend is dealing with being a new mother which is truly wonderful but it is a lot of work for two people and she is going to be on her own for the next year or so. Her husband is also going to be deployed. However she does have a lot of family and friends that will be around to support her. But no one will be able to take the place of her husband. And just think of all the first her husband is going to miss with the new baby, her first word, first step. They might seem like little things to some but to other it is a wonderful special moment you get to share with your child. A moment that cannot be recreated.

I have been feeling kind of down lately but now that I am taking a good look at what the people around me have to go through I should just be grateful for the things I do have. Yes Tim is out of town for a work but he is going to be back in a few weeks. Things might not be great with my family right now but they are still here. I know that there are all experiences that people have to go through I just wish there was some way to help, or there was that perfect thing you could say to make them feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roxanna,
Keep your chin up, girl. Life can be rough sometimes, but as long as I have known you, you have always come through the hard times a stonger person and have had the ability to see the silver linings in every rain cloud.

ciao peeps,

Leila