NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Responsibilities of Being a Wife

You know I love being Tim's wife he is a great husband, sure like anyone we have some disagreements but I would say over all we really enjoy each other. But one of the things I didn't really know about was that new responsibilities I would be taking on was a wife. I an in no way complaining, I look at is more as a observation. Really when I think about it, it is kind of amusing. So here is a list of some of the things I have observed.

1. I am now responsible for buying birthday cards and gifts for people I don't really know. I don't mind doing this but it is funny like the other day I wasn't feeling good and Tim's aunt is getting ready to have a birthday and he was stopping at the store on the way home so I asked him if he could pick up a birthday card and was was like "I guess I can." I mean I like his aunt but really I have only met her like 3 times. Why would I be able to pick out a better card for her the him, he has known her his whole life. I just think it is funny.

2. I am always responsible for deciding what we are having for dinner. There again I am really ok with this most of the time but some times it get hard to come up with new ideas for dinner and I don't want to have the same 5 things every week.

3. Responsible for appearances at all family functions. This goes for both sides, in my case my in-laws don't live close so we don't see them a lot but one of my friend has in-laws that live right down the street so she is responsible for getting the family to all the family functions and some times her husband doesn't want to go to some of his family get-together's but if then don't come do think anyone is going to say something to her husband? No it will be her fault that they didn't come.

I couldn't one think of a few, if anyone else can come up with some please let me know.

But on the other side there are lots of things I don't have to do anymore because I have a husband like:

Take out the trash ( I mean when Tim is out of town I do take it out but if he is home is does it)
Take the car for an oil change.
Cut the grass (not that I ever did that before but I don't have to worry about it now)
Order take out
Fix anything in the house
Also in my case Tim does about 85% of the cleaning in the house.

I know grils I am one lucky lady!!!

4 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

You are lucky if Tim does all the cleaning! I'm trying to think of others you can put on your list. Not that I'm married, but the things you already listed are things I've heard my mom complain about. What about the dishes? Who does those? Or the laundry?

Roxanna said...

Yeah I do the cooking and Tim does the dishes and yes he does do the laundry haha I am so spoiled

girlysmack said...

hahaha I have to laugh because this list is so Dead On. Especially the part about making J call for take out! I always make him call, and he's like "Why do I always have to call?" Now I know. It's what husbands do!

Do you have to make all doctor & dentist appointments for both of you now?

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Isn't it funny how we divvy up the roles! I think it's one of the things that makes marriage so much more fun than living alone!